Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Burden of Shame

     I bet you read the title and became suddenly intrigued as to the shame and deep secrets I was going to reveal in this blog post. Nope. The shame I speak of is way less juicy and stems only from my TERRIBLE abandonment of this blog. Please, if you feel so inclined, chastise me. My reply will simply be my pity story I have been weaving in my head: 21 units, 3 labs, a job, music, church, blah blah blah. The list drags on. I'm neither condoning the sympathy for myself or encouraging it, but I am simply encouraging the state of my life, which happens to be hectic. As crazy as it all seems, I've finally reached a sort of contentment. (Note: this contentment does not come without extreme panic every time someone mentions that there are only 9 weeks of school left!)
     In the weeks I have spent away from the blog world, I am happy to report several of my 2012 ambitions are in full swing (minus the blogging once a week thing). Some have actually been extremely successful. My mother will be ecstatic to know my laundry is being done regularly every two weeks. Friends may notice more hand-written notes floating around. Here's a major one: I have been working out about 5x a week with the exception of test week! There's been free reading (and lots of educational reading...). One more positive pat on the back for myself: today I managed to go to the zoo and didn't steal any furry animals of cute children. it was hard, but I overcame. Aren't capybaras great?!
     The disclaimer for this paragraph... we all fall short of perfection. Things I haven't done yet: get an A on a test in each subject, fish or hike this month, and probably the worst, I didn't even make it to February in the One Year Bible. Other goals can't be reported upon yet due to their long-term nature i.e. the cavity thing. Side note: please pray that my dentist appointment on Tuesday goes smoothly and that he isn't a sadist- many of them are.
     Whew, looking up I can see how structured and businessy that writing was. Now let's throw out some randomness:
     - I miss my cats so much I feel like crying on a daily basis. Snowflake, the newest addition to our cat  family, was discovered to be deaf. Sad right?
     - I am going to be doing a 5K in San Francisco this summer! It's awesome, check it out here: http://thecolorrun.com/sanfrancisco/
     - Dueling in Paraguay is legal as long as both parties are registered blood donors. (Note: writing this random fact on your physics test will not earn you extra credit.)
     I know this blog didn't contain deep philosophical purposes and was pretty short in length, but I needed to jot down something to relieve this guilt I've had about not writing. This was just a little blurp to say cats are wonderful, life is good, and God is great.
     

1 comment:

  1. I love you, and I loved my hand written note. I needed it!!! You are amazing, now keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete