Friday, February 24, 2012

From Disaster to Designer... in Less than $100?

     "It all started with a chair," said Juno in 2007's hit movie. While this was referring to her escapades of pregnancy (I, sadly, am not pregnant), it is also applicable to the recent renovation of my bedroom. A day of thrift shopping was almost cut short by my little brother's incessant griping and demands for food, but it lasted just long enough to find a perfectly trashy, vomit-green and orange armchair in a thrift store parking lot. It was as though it was beckoning my rear into it with promises of rainbows and a solution to life's problems.
In the list of the many things I am, there does not exist a skill titled "Super Decorator." Thankfully, God gave me other quirks like the ability to thrift shop my way out of a recession, find tacky chairs like it's nobody's business, and rely upon best friends with good taste.





~BEFORE~
     Yes, so this just appears pathetic. Just the sight of what my room looked like sends my body into panic attack mode.  Give me a little credit because half the crap belonged to my father. This really is no way to live, but after up and moving  fourteen times (I think that's the current count) I found that my "give a care" mentality was buried in a box somewhere with my favorite childhood doll.



~AFTER~

How It Went Down:
Curtains~ $6.00
Tree Decal~ $19.99
Bedspread~ $24.99 (God Bless WalMart!)
Table~ $12.00
Epic Chair (Circa 1970)~ $10.00
Picture Frames~ $0.50 x 20
Records~ $0.75 x 8
Lamp~ $12.00
Suitcases~ $4.50!!! (luggage is half off on Wednesdays baby!)
Total~ $107.98

   Ok, so slightly over budget, but hey I think it was worth it!



















2 comments:

  1. Wow Kylie nicely done! Also love love love the pictures. I guess I'll have to come visit so I can see this in person =p

    ReplyDelete